Does anything interfere with door that may prevent it from closing?
• Door and frame alignment/building settlement
• Misaligned latch/strike
• Threshold or carpeting
• Severe wind or air pressure conditions
The door may need to be opened slightly to access the valves. Use proper size screwdriver – do not remove valves.
• Any door’s speed should be adjusted to suit conditions.
• Exterior doors and doors with latching hardware - faster latch speed.
• Interior doors and doors with push-pull hardware - slower latch speed.
• Location and usage of the door are primary factors - some codes identify minimum closing times for accessibility requirements.
• Floor closers on EXTERIOR DOORS may require seasonal adjustments.
Cold weather - increase closing speed (CCW).
Hot weather - decrease closing speed (CW).